Are you an experienced Associate Architect with education experience, looking for your next challenge with a progressive and supportive employer with a triple bottom line? (People, Planet, and Purpose)
We are offering an opportunity for someone eager to join our growing London team.
A bit about us
Stride Treglown is an employee-owned, carbon neutral architecture practice. We were the first of the top 100 UK practices to join the purpose-driven B Corp community.
We create long-term positive impact for our clients and the communities we help shape. We do this by designing better places, building resilient partnerships, and empowering people.
Our multidisciplinary team of 330 architects, designers, and specialists deliver nationally significant projects from nine regionally embedded UK studios. Collectively, we offer our clients deep local knowledge and national specialist expertise.
We’re great team players who strive for excellence and care how we achieve it. That’s why we promote design that isn’t driven by ego, but by purpose.
Associate Architect (Education)
We are looking for an experienced job running Associate Architect with a proven track record of designing and delivering schools projects to join our London studio. We are looking for someone with experience as a team leader, who can also demonstrate an ability to develop junior talent within the studio.
Our schools sector is experiencing new opportunities driven by government led agendas such as new construction techniques (MMC) and delivering schools that meet the demands to be more carbon neutral and sustainable.
You will have
- Passion and experience of schools projects
- A desire to create and deliver great buildings
- Substantial DfE public sector schools experience
- Professional experience working in a high-quality, design and delivery focused practice
- A keen interest in large scale architectural projects, while able to manage smaller/ multiple projects alongside
- Ability to work collaboratively in a large multi-disciplinary team, manage a small team, and work independently
- Excellent drawing and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept
- An ability to build rapport, create positive relationships and work effectively with others
Managing client relationships is key to this role and will include
- Becoming involved at any stage of the process and can effectively input with minimal briefing
- Running multiple or complex projects start to finish, to satisfaction of client, in profit and on time
- Leading presentations and engagement with clients and building users
- Taking the lead role in taking a project brief, developing initial proposals detail design (in conjunction with a small team)
- Demonstrating awareness of own impact on others within other teams or business areas
- Managing fees and invoicing for projects (with administrative assistance)
- Contributing to winning new work
- Generating good PR for the practice
- Significant schools sector experience
- Working experience of Revit
- Educated to at least RIBA Part 3 level (or equivalent) with considerable post qualification experience
- Interest in MMC solutions
- Experience in refurbishment/retrofit
- Good interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the sensitivities when communicating with and presenting to clients
- Experience of having carried out a lead role on projects with a value of between £5m and £20m
- Ability to manage the design process and development of a construction project
- Experience of coordinating the design team and associated professional consultants
- Ability to balance workload as the role may require you to balance more than one project at any one time
- SEN Schools experience
- Level 2 BIM experience
- Working knowledge and experience of MMC solutions
- Further or Higher Education project experience
- Experience of carrying out a Technical Advisor role for education projects
What we can offer
- Part (minimum 80% full time equivalent) or Full-time hours
- Flexible work environment
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location
- A friendly, open and caring culture
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership
If you would like to be considered, please include a;
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role.
Please apply via our website – you do not need to join or subscribe to any third party websites.
We look forward to receiving your application.