Thank you for your interest in our current role.
We have had a very large number of applications and have closed the role to new applicants, at this time, while we review those applications received.
Are you an Associate Architect with a passion for making a difference? Are you looking for your next challenge with a progressive and supportive employer with a triple bottom line? (People, Planet, and Purpose).
We have excellent opportunities for individuals to join our practice as our Specialist Living lead built around Later Living expertise.
A bit about us
Stride Treglown is an employee-owned, carbon neutral architecture practice. We were the first of the top 100 UK practices to join the purpose-driven B Corp community.
We create long-term positive impact for our clients and the communities we help shape. We do this by designing better places, building resilient partnerships, and empowering people.
Our multidisciplinary team of 330 architects, designers, and specialists deliver nationally significant projects from nine regionally embedded UK studios. Collectively, we offer our clients deep local knowledge and national specialist expertise.
We’re great team players who strive for excellence and care how we achieve it. That’s why we promote design that isn’t driven by ego, but by purpose.
Associate Architect / Specialist Living Lead
Specialist and Later Living is a growing sector with huge potential. We are looking for someone to lead this growth for us.
We are currently working with three of the largest operators in the sector and we are interested in increasing our work in the larger IRCs and Care Homes.
This is a national role, initially working closely with our Bristol and Birmingham offices. They will work closely with our Specialist Living Sector Director, our business development team and the sector experts we already have in the practice as well as colleagues in the wider Residential sector. The role will involve developing existing and new relationships, establishing a sector expertise within a national network of contacts and ultimately bringing in new opportunities to the team.
There are particular design principles to follow, some difficult planning hurdles, but essentially the role is ideally suited to someone with an enthusiasm for creating healthy homes and communities, for working in tight knit multi-disciplinary teams and passionate about, developing healthy, aspirational age-friendly living.
A proven track record in timely, pragmatic and high-quality service delivery, and proficiency in the use of Revit is important: previous experience of work in the Residential Sector would also be useful, but isn’t essential.
The role will be at an Associate Architect level. Our preference would be for the role to be based in our Bristol office, but we will also consider Birmingham, London or Winchester.
Key aspects for the role:
Strategic Decision Making
- Lead research into the sector specific market.
- Discover current opportunities.
- With wider team deliver strategic medium- and long-term objectives.
- Keep up to date with latest trends.
- Develop understanding of best practice.
- Creating opinion around later living.
Seeking New Work
- Publicly express thought leadership and sector opinion.
- Keeping in touch with existing network of contacts.
- Developing new contacts through opinion and industry events.
Maintaining Client Relationships
- Main point of contact with key clients.
- Be prepared to have conversations about our performance, feedback opportunities for improvement to studios
Managing team and workload
- Form long term relationships with Regional Director network. Specifically, those who lead Bristol, Birmingham, London and Winchester studios.
- Create a team of expertise within the local office to you.
- Supporting team with workload and decision making.
- Work with internal project support and project runners to lead the issuing of fees and billing.
- Monitoring cost/time expenditure against fee.
- Understand scope and frameworks to recognise opportunities for additional fee recovery.
- Across the practice understand the market fee levels for the sector.
You will have
- Passion and experience of designing and delivering a diverse range of projects.
- A desire to create and deliver great buildings.
- Significant post qualified (ARB) experience.
- Professional experience working in a high-quality, design and delivery focused practice.
- Experience of large scale architectural projects, while able to manage smaller/ multiple projects alongside.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a large multi-disciplinary team, manage a small team, and work independently.
- Excellent drawing and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept..
- An ability to build rapport, create positive relationships and work effectively with others.
What we can offer
- Flexible work environment
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location
- A friendly, open and caring culture
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership
If you are interested in joining our team we ask that you include a
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role
Please apply via our website – you do not need to join or subscribe to any third-party websites.
We look forward to hearing from you