Are you an experienced Bid Manager, looking for your next challenge with a progressive and supportive employer with a triple bottom line? (People, Planet and Profit)
We are offering an exciting opportunity for someone eager to play a major role in our winning work strategy.
A bit about us:
Stride Treglown is the ninth largest architecture practice in the UK. We are the only practice in the AJ100 to become a certified B Corp and earlier this year officially became carbon neutral.
As an employee-owned and inclusive company, everybody has a say in what we do and how we work. We employ and develop the best diverse talent, giving our staff freedom to pursue their own career aspirations, whilst offering flexibility to ensure wellbeing. Together we create people focussed places and spaces.
You will manage the bids process for one of the largest and most successful independent design practices in the UK, with offices across England and Wales.
It’s an exciting role with its fair share of responsibilities. That’s why we need someone who is:
- Passionate about and experienced in the process of winning work in a wide range of sectors
- Keen to join a close-knit creative team in a large design practice
- Prepared to be based in our head office in Clifton, Bristol (although we are also open to candidates who could base themselves in one of our other 8 offices)
- Prepared to attend some out of hours events
- Eager to further your career
- Calm under pressure
We can offer:
- Full or part time hours
- Flexible work environment including hybrid working
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Modern working environment
- Friendly and supportive culture
So far so good? Let’s explore a bit more detail…
The team around you
You will lead the Bids team and report to the Bids Director. This involves managing a small team directly in Bristol, and provide direction for our nine UK offices. You will be working very closely with the Marketing, Business Development and Graphics teams and the Directors who all form part of the Winning Work team.
The wider Winning Work team supports all nine offices around the UK, 12 specialist services and 15 different industry sectors. You will need to interact with all the Directors and many of the leaders in these studios to get the best out of your role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Directors and sector leaders to identify bid opportunities.
- Coordinate the bidding process for multiple bids
- Project manage and motivate teams to produce successful bid submissions.
- Manage (multi-disciplinary) virtual bid teams
- Lead on our UK-wide framework submissions
- Author/select and manage ‘best in class’ bid information library.
- Create high-quality documents, including writing and editing content.
- Contribute to the written proposal in terms of content and presentation
- Research and identify relevant market intelligence.
- Follow up on submissions and measure of success; drive continuous improvement
Essential Skills/ Experience
- Experience within architecture or the built environment
- Bid writing knowledge and experience
- Strong writing skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Confident, motivated and proactive nature
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communicator who uses initiative
- MS Office and preferably advanced skills in InDesign
- Used to a fast-paced environment
If this sounds like a great opportunity and fit, please get in touch with a
CV and Cover Letter by clicking Apply Now below.