Stride Treglown creates people-focused places. We pride ourselves on hiring the best and most creative talent and helping you develop your career in the direction you want it to go. As an employee-owned and inclusive practice, we are dedicated to increasing our diversity to represent the communities in which we live and work and you will have a real say in what we do and how we work.
We are now adding fresh talent to our sustainability team. Is this the job for you?
Due to sustained workload, we have an opportunity for an experience BREEAM Assessor to join our multi-disciplinary team in our Bristol Studio.
You will have:
- 2 years+ recent BREEAM Assessor experience, ideally within a consultancy or architectural practice
- Qualified BREEAM Refurbishment and Fit Out Assessor
- Qualified BREEAM Advisory Professional (AP)
- Knowledge of current BRE standards to be able to advise external and internal clients and project teams on how these standards can be met through their design and projects.
- Experience of preparing quotations for BREEAM assessment work in line with BRE standards, and initiating project work with internal and external clients.
- Keeping of standard trackers and internal schedules of information (some admin tasks) as well as liaising with the BRE regarding clients and assessments queries.
- Conducting BREEAM assessments with a variety of clients as a qualified BREEAM Assessor.
- Conducting Preliminary Assessments, identifying potential issues and giving design advice and making recommendations on how to achieve the desired rating in the early stages of projects
- Conducting Interim Design stage assessments, collating and scheduling information, and producing a report using a standard format
- Where necessary conducting Final Post Construction Review stage assessments to evaluate compliance with the Interim Design and Procurement stage assessment and producing a report using a standard format
- Good interpersonal skills to include an understanding of the sensitivities when communicating with and presenting to clients.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant environmental discipline.
- Qualified competent BREEAM UK New Construction assessor.
- Qualified BREEAM Refurbishment and Fit Out Assessor.
- Qualified BREEAM Advisory Professional (AP).
- Experience using BREEAM Projects and other proprietary BREEAM assessment and submission websites/tools, e.g. TrackerPlus
- Experience of carrying out DREAM Assessments.
- Additional environmental assessment qualifications /experience such as HQM, SKA, WELL, Domestic Refurbishment
- Experience undertaking Post-Occupancy Evaluations using BUS Methodology or similar
What we can offer:
- Full or part-time hours
- Flexible work environment.
- A comprehensive benefit package.
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location.
- A friendly, open and caring culture.
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership.
If you would like to be considered, please include a;
- Cover Letter – explaining why you are right person for this role.
- CV – covering your professional achievements and experiences.