Stride Treglown is a top ranking architect led multidisciplinary design practice that has teams of specialists in Building Surveying, Landscape Design, Interiors, Planning, Project Management and Sustainability consultancy. Due to sustained workload, we have an opportunity for a Building Surveyor to join the team in our (zero carbon) Cardiff office.
Our Building Surveying team covers a wide variety of commissions, both from its own client base and other parts of the business. We cover project work on a range of building types from £200k to £20m, as well as all professional work including building surveys, defects investigation, party wall advice and expert witness services, maintenance planning, and dilapidations.
For more details on the team and our work follow this link https://stridetreglown.com/services/building-surveying/
If you wish to apply we ask that you click the apply button below and complete the form. Please remember to attach your CV.
Essential criteria and duties
- Ability to deliver a wide variety of projects from inception to completion including feasibility studies, design/detailing (CAD), specification, contract administration and cost control.
- Rigorous in evaluation of building condition
- Ability to accurately identify and investigate defects and to produce cost conscious solutions for a variety of building defects
- Knowledge of building and preventative maintenance requirements
- Strong time management skills enabling management of own workload within allocated timescales with timely preparation of reports, specifications, schedules of work and drawings
- Clear and concise report writing
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, word, excel and project
- Ability to work independently reporting to the Head of Building Surveying in Bristol and in the longer term help establish and develop the Cardiff Building Surveying office
- Knowledge or an interest in conservation
- Knowledge of The Party Wall Etc. Act 1996
- Whilst management of staff may be encouraged in the longer term this will not form part of the immediate role.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years PQE though newly qualified surveyors will also be considered.