Stride Treglown creates people focused architecture. We pride ourselves on hiring the best and most creative talent and helping you develop your career in the direction you want it to go. As an employee-owned practice, you will have a real say in what we do and how we work. This summer we are looking for proactive and talented Part One qualified Architectural Assistants to join one of our teams across the country. Our current fantastic Part 1’s are returning back to University to start their Part 2 studies this summer.
We want to provide you with the same opportunities to use and develop your design and communications skills whilst working within a stimulating multidisciplinary environment. We work on a diverse range of projects and pride ourselves on our innovative yet responsive approach to our clients brief, providing quality in outcome and approach every step of the way.
This current advert is to allow you to apply speculatively for a Part 1 position that may arise between June 2019 to September 2019 for a year placement (2019-2020) in one of our offices.
For those people with outstanding portfolios who can demonstrate their skills and strengths we will create the right opportunity to support you in your blossoming career – consolidating what you have learnt and providing exposure and opportunities to work on new things. This is a great opportunity to deepen your use of Revit and BIM within our thriving practice.
We look forward to your application and please remember to include;
- Cover letter
- Please inform us which office or offices you wish to be considered for
- Your availability in regards to start date
- Detail your education and work experience
- Include skills such as Autocad and Revit
- Make sure this is up-to-date and explains gaps in your work / educational history
- This really needs to shine! Your portfolio will show your design skills and abilities (please ensure that your portfolio is no more than 8 megabytes).
To upload multiple documents you will need to hold the CTRL key and select the documents you wish to upload.
Please ensure you select;
- The offices that are of interest to you
- The dates you would be available to start – Please select multiple dates if you are happy starting earlier or later
As a Part 1 Architectural Assistant you will assist with various projects from initial design through to completion. Successful candidates will communicate visually using excellent graphic presentation and have a flair for design. You will often work as part of a team yet also be able to work on tasks alone.
Whilst Revit skills are desirable, we will provide training to the successful candidates.
- Preparing design proposals using CAD and hand drawn methods
- Contributing to the design process and co-ordinating detailed design information
- Contributing to specifications for construction work
- Preparing drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals
- Contributing to design stage risk assessments
Architectural Assistants participate in the process of managing an architectural project for example by:
- Making site visits
- Obtaining tenders for construction work
- Contributing to meetings and document preparation
- Assisting with co-ordinating associated professionals as required
- Assisting in obtaining and evaluating tenders and agreeing contracts
- Maintaining an awareness of the compliance requirements for the design, legal, statutory and professional requirements
We also offer a friendly, studio feel environment in lovely office settings. Staff benefits include access to Healthshield (our health cash plan), flexi time and flexi day system, pension and cycle to work scheme. Stride Treglown is an employee owned company which helps to give us a unique, cohesive feel, where we value everyones contribution.