Stride Treglown creates people focused architecture. We pride ourselves on hiring the best and most creative talent and helping you develop your career in the direction you want it to go. As an employee owned practice, you will have a real say in what we do and how we work.
We are looking for an experienced job running Senior Technician / Technologist with a proven track record of designing and delivering projects to join our diverse London studio.
You will have significant experience and be able to run several on site projects at the same time, clearly delegating to less experienced team members. We are looking for someone with lateral thinking, clear communication and a collaborative work ethic.
Our work ranges across public and private sector, from inception to completion and with values ranging from £1m – £50m+
Is this the job for you?
As Senior Technician/ Technologist you will lead project teams, write full specifications, and regularly manage small teams internally. You will need to manage your own workload in addition to supervising others. There will also be a need for you to answer complex queries from a range of internal and external clients, this will include coordinating with other consultants.
You must be:
- Able to work and manage a small team, and work independently
- Flexible in your approach to a project
- Someone that cares about creating and delivering great buildings and places
- Able to work on a range of projects within a multi sector studio
- Eager to share experience and knowledge with others working on projects across the company
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Reporting to the Regional Director, you will manage a small team within the studio.
Managing client relationship is a key aspect of this role and will involve:
- Becoming involved at any stage of the process and being able to effectively input with minimal briefing
- Running multiple or complex projects from start to finish, to satisfaction of client, in profit and on time
- Demonstrating awareness of own impact on others within other teams or business areas
- Managing fees and invoicing for projects (with administrative assistance)
- Contributing to winning new work
- Managing and co-ordinating the design team and associated professional consultants
- Producing, analysing and advising upon specification, materials selection and detailed design solutions in relation to performance and production criteria
- Producing, managing, controlling and integrating design and production information
- Ensuring compliance with design, legal, statutory and professional requirements for large and complex projects, possibly multiple projects
- Managing the design process or development of construction project
- Monitoring the financial performance of projects
- A good understanding of developing technical specifications to support work packages
- Evaluating and advising upon refurbishment, repair, reuse, recycling and deconstruction of buildings
- Working knowledge of Revit
- Assessing and prioritising the needs of clients and users and agreeing the project brief
- Advising clients on methods of project procurement and forms of contract
- Developing the project design, researching problems and producing, developing and advising upon innovative solutions
- Appraising building performance in use and producing, developing and maintaining maintenance management information systems
- Advanced use of Revit with knowledge of Dynamo scripting
- Experience of working on school projects including DFE projects using the DfE Output Specification
What we can offer:
- Flexible work environment with future Hybrid working patterns
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location
- A friendly, open and caring culture
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership
If you are interested in joining our team we ask that you include a:
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role
For more details please visit www.stridetreglown.com/careers
We look forward to hearing from you.