Stride Treglown is a top multidisciplinary architectural design practice that has specialist teams including Building Surveying, Landscape Design, Interiors, Planning, Project Management and BREEAM consultancy.
We are an employee owned practice with over 330 staff spread over 9 UK based offices. We offer a great workplace environment with enviable benefits, including share ownership options, health cash plan, flexi days and flexible working hours.
The Stride Treglown Building Surveying team are a friendly, collaborative and dynamic group and are motivated towards providing a high standard of service to our clients.
We are currently based in the practice’s Bristol, Cardiff and Plymouth offices with intentions for growth into other offices over the next 5 years.
We cover a variety of project and professional services to a range of property types, including those in healthcare, education and conservation sectors.
Due to sustained workload, we have an opportunity for a Senior Chartered Building Surveyor/ NEC Supervisor to join our multi-disciplinary team in Birmingham. The candidate will gain exposure to prominent projects with the ability to build an attractive work portfolio.
Initially, the candidate will have the opportunity to work in the capacity of NEC supervisor on a prestigious healthcare project which will be running over the next two of years. In addition to this, the role will involve delivery of a range of professional work ranging from Party Wall, PPMs building surveys and schedules of condition. Project work also includes the design, project management and contract administration of a range of projects typically up to £4m in value.
We are seeking someone who is committed to timely, pragmatic and high quality service delivery and ideally someone who is proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Word, Excel and ideally Microsoft Project.
Ideally you will also be/ have:
- An experienced surveyor with strong technical knowledge
- Able to work autonomously and also to integrate within the local office and project teams
- Strong communication skills with client facing ability
- The ability to engage successfully with contractors and project professionals on site
- Proven experience acting in the capacity of an NEC supervisor, successfully delivering large/ complex project works, would be highly desirable
- Healthcare sector experience
- Able to show an aptitude for organisational and project planning with the ability to develop and monitor programmes of action, implementing remedial action appropriately where needed
- An awareness of considerations around working in a high security environment (please note, security clearance may be required while working on certain projects
The role has the opportunity to grow and develop a work stream across a range of sectors within the Midlands.
If you feel that you may be a good fit for this role, please submit your application below.
We ask that you include a:
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences