Are you an Urban Designer looking for your next challenge with a progressive and supportive employer with a triple bottom line? (People, Planet, and Purpose).
We have an excellent opportunity to join our Masterplanning and Urban Design Team. Is this the job for you?
A bit about us
Stride Treglown is an employee-owned, carbon neutral, B Corp, multidisciplinary design practice.
Our Masterplanning and Urban Design team is an enthusiastic and dynamic group of dedicated urban designers within a larger multidisciplinary design practice. Working closely with our colleagues in Town Planning, Landscape Design and a wide range of architectural sector-based studios, our current work includes town and city centre urban regeneration as well as campus masterplanning. Our clients include local government, Welsh Government, NHS trusts, universities, housing charities and private clients. The team has been steadily growing over the past few years reflecting sustained growth across multiple sectors and we want an enthusiastic, talented and versatile urban designer to join us as we start a new year.
This role will be based within the Urban Design and Masterplanning studio in Bristol but will involve supporting different sectors across the practice, including, though not limited to, our Higher Education, Residential, Healthcare, Employment, and Technology & Innovation studios.
This opportunity is for those who can clearly demonstrate a capability and desire to lead and manage urban design and masterplanning projects of different scales, ranging from campus masterplans to urban regeneration frameworks. While managing both clients and broader consultant teams is an essential part of the role, the candidate will also have a keen interest in high quality placemaking for all types of environments, as evidenced in their portfolio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your design skills on a variety of exciting projects within a diverse and growing team, working with senior designers and technical team members to deliver your designs and progress your skills and career.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for design, curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. The role will be hands on, requiring initiative and good design and communication skills. This opportunity is for those who can clearly demonstrate a capability and desire to progress in the Urban Design field and a clear, keen interest in placemaking, masterplanning and regeneration, evidenced in your portfolio, which is the key driver of the studio.
You will have:
- A design background in mixed-use masterplanning projects
- Experience in running and managing projects, including confidence in financial reporting of those projects
- An awareness and an understanding of current UK planning policy and the RIBA Work Stages
- A keen interest in large scale urban projects, preferably that are residential-led regeneration projects, and be able to present your work in this context
- An ability to work collaboratively in large multi-disciplinary teams on complex environments
- An ability to understand, communicate and present contextual issues from surrounding large areas
- Excellent drawing and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept
- Excellent report writing skills with an ability to convey complex strategies using clear and concise language
- An ability to build rapport, create relationships and work effectively positively with others
- A desire to keep up to date with developments in the field and to help expand the broader knowledge and expertise of the team
- Strong CAD skills with 3D modelling. GIS skills are desirable
- Strong graphic skills in terms of drawings, diagrams, plans and images using in the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Additional sustainability skills or qualifications are desirable, but not essential
What we can offer
- Full-time hours
- With mentoring, the opportunity to develop team leadership skills and responsibilities
- Flexible work environment
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location
- A friendly, open and caring culture
If you are interested in joining our Urban Design Team as our new Urban Designer please click apply below. We ask that you include a:
- Cover letter
We look forward to hearing from you.