Steppingley Road Care Hub
Combining sector expertise and Passivhaus consultancy to review and deliver an integrated care hub vision
Stride Treglown worked with a previously consented planning application to assist Kier Eastern with tender designs and delivery.
- The scheme comprises of:
- 72 bed dementia care home
- 6 bed special breaks unit
- 2 bed physical disability unit
- 88 apartment independent retirement living of both shared ownership and affordable rent tenure
- Communal facilities including restaurant, salon and treatment rooms focussed within a central hub
The design focuses integration of the care hub with the local community, with landscaped gardens extending out towards Flitwick Leisure Centre.
Stride Treglown have assessed the suitability of the design and made suggestions to optimise sector specific guidance, particularly within the care home and specialist needs areas, with consideration for access and dementia care.
Opportunities to enhance buildability and improve fire and access strategies have been pursued.
Stride Treglown’s Passivhaus consultancy has also ben paramount to design development and delivery, with development to PHPP, form and detail buildups to ensure the design can meet Passivhaus criteria.
The scheme is set to complete in 2023.
Image © Concertus Design & Property Consultants