This summer we are looking for proactive and talented Part One qualified Architectural Assistants to join one of our teams across the country. Our current fantastic Part 1’s are returning back to University to start their Part 2 studies this summer.
We want to provide you with the same opportunities to use your design and communications skills whilst working within work within a stimulating multidisciplinary environment.
This current advert is to allow you to apply speculatively for a Part 1 position that may arise between June 2017 to September 2017 for a year placement (2017/2018) in one of our offices.
For those people with outstanding portfolios and can demonstrate their skills and strengths we will create the right opportunity at Stride Treglown. Even if that role doesn’t exist currently.
This is a great opportunity to deepen your use of Revit and BIM within our thriving practice.
We look forward to your application and please remember to include;
- Cover letter
- Please inform us which office or offices you wish to be considered for
- Your availability in regards to start date
- Detail your education and work experience
- Make sure this is up-to-date and explains gaps in your work / educational history
- This really needs to shine. Your portfolio will show your design skills and abilities.
To upload multiple documents you will need to hold the CTRL key and select the documents you wish to upload.
Please ensure you select;
- The offices that are of interest to you
- The dates you would be available to start – Please select multiple dates if you are happy starting earlier or later
As a Part 1 Architectural Assistant you will assist with various projects from initial design through to completion. Successful candidates will communicate visually using excellent graphic presentation and have a flair for design.
Whilst Revit skills are desirable, we will provide training to the successful candidates.
- Preparing design proposals using CAD and hand drawn methods
- Contributing to the design process and co-ordinating detailed design information
- Contributing to specifications for construction work
- Preparing drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals
- Contributing to design stage risk assessments
Architectural Assistants participate in the process of managing an architectural project for example by:
- Making site visits
- Obtaining tenders for construction work
- Contributing to meetings and document preparation
- Assisting with co-ordinating associated professionals as required
- Assisting in obtaining and evaluating tenders and agreeing contracts
- Maintaining an awareness of the compliance requirements for the design, legal, statutory and professional requirements