Stride Treglown creates people-focused places. We pride ourselves on hiring the best and most creative talent and helping you develop your career in the direction you want it to go. As an employee-owned and inclusive practice, we are dedicated to increasing our diversity to represent the communities in which we live and work and you will have a real say in what we do and how we work.
We have a great opportunity for a client facing architect to join the mixed-use commercial team within our Bristol Studio. Working collaboratively with colleagues in our London and Manchester Studios you will play a pivotal role in designing and delivering retail and mixed-use projects for some of our major national clients across the UK. Within your role you will work with senior experts to design high quality mixed use projects, developing your skills from concept design to delivery. In order to provide that support you will need to be technically competent and be fully conversant with Revit.
You will have;
- A desire to create and deliver great buildings.
- 3 years post qualified (ARB) experience (minimum) working in a high quality, design and delivery focused practice.
- An all-rounder with experience from concept to delivery
- Experienced in commercial projects.
- A keen interest in large scale architectural projects, being prepared to undertake CPD as part of the role.
- Capable of dealing with multiple projects, running simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team – building rapport and creating positive relationships.
- Ability to work autonomously when required, with the right support
- Excellent drawing and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept.
- Ability to provide professional guidance to design and construction teams.
- Project architect for delivery of mixed-use scheme.
- Rolling asset management of framework locations.
- Visioning for mixed use opportunities for developing sustainability, ESG and placemaking strategies in a dynamically changing arena.
Managing client relationships is key to this role and will include:
- Becoming involved at any stage of the process seeing multiple or complex projects through from start to finish, to satisfaction of client, in profit and on time.
- Support Lead Architect in developing initial proposals detail design (in conjunction with a small team).
- Demonstrating awareness of own impact on others within other teams or business area.
- Contributing to winning new work.
- Understanding of drivers behind commercial development
- Educated to at least RIBA Part 3 level with 3 years professional experience (minimum).
- Good interpersonal skills to include an understanding of the sensitivities when communicating with and presenting to clients.
- Ability to balance workload as the role will require you to focus on more than one project at a time.
- Strong Revit and AutoCAD skills.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign.
- Demonstrable experience of collating and organizing technical information, preparing drawings, plans and documents (technical detailing will be crucial).
- Ability to contribute to design stage risk assessment.
What we can offer:
- Full-time hours.
- With mentoring, the opportunity to develop team leadership skills and responsibilities.
- Flexible work environment.
- A comprehensive benefit package.
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location.
- A friendly, open and caring culture.
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership.
If you would like to be considered, please include a;
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role.
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences.
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role.