Time for a new start? Are you looking for a lifestyle change and relocate to be by the sea.
Do you want to work on some of the major hospital projects in the New Hospitals Programme, but do this based from an amazing location in the South West. We have an unrivalled reputation for delivering healthcare projects across the South West, and are designing some exciting and large healthcare projects locally and nationally. We are involved in six major hospital redevelopment projects, two of which are due to soon go on site in the South West.
We are looking for an experienced client-facing Architect with a proven track record of designing and delivering hospital projects to join our experienced Healthcare Studio based in our Plymouth office. You are a job-running Architect with experience of clinical planning, complemented by strong design skills.
The healthcare sector is experiencing new opportunities driven by increased levels of funding and government led agendas such as new construction techniques (MMC), sustainability (NZC), the digital hospital, and a better patient experience. You will help embed these principles into our healthcare designs, and raise the quality of our design outputs.
Stride Treglown is the ninth largest architecture practice in the UK. We are the only practice in the AJ100 to become a certified B Corp and earlier this year officially became carbon neutral. As an employee-owned and inclusive company, everybody has a say in what we do and how we work. We employ and develop the best diverse talent, giving our staff freedom to pursue their own career aspirations, whilst offering flexibility to ensure wellbeing.
You will have:
- Passion and experience of healthcare projects
- A desire to create and deliver great buildings
- A minimum of 5 years post qualified (ARB) experience, to include significant healthcare sector experience
- Professional experience working in a high-quality, design and delivery focused practice
- A keen interest in major architectural projects, while able to manage smaller / multiple projects alongside
- Ability to work collaboratively in a large multi-disciplinary team, manage a small team, and work independently
- Excellent drawn and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept
- An ability to build rapport, create positive relationships and work effectively with others
Managing client relationships is key to this role and will include:
- Becoming involved at any stage of the process and can effectively input with minimal briefing
- Leading presentations and engagement with clients and building users
- Taking the lead role in taking a project brief, developing initial proposals detail design (in conjunction with a small team)
- Demonstrating awareness of own impact on others within other teams or business areas
- Managing fees and invoicing for projects (with administrative assistance)
- Contributing to winning new work
- Generating good PR for the practice
- Significant healthcare sector experience, in acute hospital settings
- Detailed knowledge of Health Building Notes and Health Technical Memoranda
- Working experience of Revit
- Educated to at least RIBA Part 3 level with significant years post qualification experience
- Experience in refurbishment
- Good interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the sensitivities when communicating with and presenting to clients
- Ability to manage the design process and development of a construction project
- Experience of coordinating the design team and associated professional consultants
- Ability to prioritise and balance workload, as the role may require you to deliver more than one project at any one time
- Interest in MMC solutions
- Interest in NZC solutions
- Understanding of the Digital Hospital
- NEC Supervisor accreditation
What we can offer:
- Full-time hours
- With mentoring, the opportunity to develop team leadership skills and responsibilities
- Flexible work environment
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location
- A friendly, open and caring culture
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership
If you would like to be considered, please include:
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role
We look forward to receiving your application.