Is the office as we knew it gone forever? What does the post-pandemic workplace look like? What value can an office provide over working from home, and how? How can existing office buildings be future proofed and upgraded to meet carbon and climate change targets?
If you’re a Project Architect with ideas and interest in this rapidly evolving sector looking for your next exciting challenge with a progressive and supportive employer, then we have a great opportunity for you to join our Bristol studio.
This is a client facing role, with a particular focus on Office & Workplace, but may also be required to work across a mix of other uses. We would consider anyone from newly qualified, to 5+ years’ experience, as long as they have an enthusiastic and proactive approach to working in commercial sector projects across all RIBA stages.
A bit about us
Stride Treglown is the tenth largest architecture practice in the UK. We are the only practice in the AJ100 to become a certified B Corp and in early 2021 we officially became carbon neutral.
As an employee-owned and inclusive company, everybody has a say in what we do and how we work. We employ and develop the best diverse talent, giving our staff freedom to pursue their own career aspirations, whilst offering flexibility to ensure wellbeing. We are dedicated to increasing our diversity to represent the communities in which we live and work.
Working collaboratively within an established team of Architects and Interior Designers, you will play a pivotal role in designing and delivering Office, Workplace and associated Mixed-Use projects for some of our major national clients across the UK. You will need to be a creative problem solver, technically competent and a strong communicator.
You will have:
- A desire to create and deliver great buildings and spaces in which people choose to spend their time
- An all-rounder with experience from concept to delivery, or demonstrable capability to develop that experience
- Experienced in Office & Workplace or other commercial projects (desirable)
- A keen interest in both large scale, new build architectural projects, and refurbishment projects
- Capable of dealing with multiple projects, running simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team – building rapport, creating positive relationships and providing project leadership (with appropriate support)
- Ability to work autonomously when required (with appropriate support)
- Excellent verbal and visual presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept
- Ability to provide professional guidance to design and construction teams
- Be prepared to undertake CPD as part of the role
- Project Architect for design and delivery of new build and refurbishment projects
- Client facing role
- Leadership of a multi-disciplinary teams
- Developing sustainability and ESG strategies, and contributing to thought leadership in a dynamically changing sector
Managing client relationships is key to this role, which will also include:
- Becoming involved at any stage of the process seeing multiple or complex projects through from start to finish, to satisfaction of client, in profit and on time
- Sometime working to tight deadlines
- Working with/supporting a small internal team
- Working closely with other internal services, particularly interiors
- Demonstrating awareness of own impact on others within other teams or business area
- Contributing to winning new work (with appropriate support)
- Educated to at least RIBA Part 3 level
- Demonstrable experience of preparing design and technical information across all project stages, including test for fit, feasibility, concept design, planning, tender and construction
- Understanding of drivers behind commercial development
- Good interpersonal skills to include an understanding of the sensitivities when communicating with and presenting to clients
- Ability to balance workload as the role may require you to focus on more than one project at a time
- Strong Revit skills (training may be offered to the right candidate)
- Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
What we can offer:
- Full-time hours
- With mentoring, the opportunity to develop team leadership skills and responsibilities, and sector thought leadership
- Flexible work environment
- A comprehensive benefit package.
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location.
- A friendly, open and caring culture.
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership.
If you would like to be considered, please include a;
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role.
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences.
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role.
Please apply via our website – you do not need to join or subscribe to any third party websites.
Please note, we unfortunately will not be able to provide visa sponsorship to the successful applicant.
For more details please visit www.stridetreglown.com/careers