Building Surveying Team Administrator
Are you a talented administrator looking for your next challenge with a progressive and supportive employer with a triple bottom line (People, Planet and Purpose)?
This is a unique opportunity to work for an employee-owned company which has won awards for workplace wellbeing. We offer a great working environment with enviable benefits, including share ownership options, health cash plan, flexi days and flexible working hours.
We are offering an opportunity for someone eager to join our Cardiff studio.
A bit about us
Stride Treglown is a national practice involved in designing the built environment. We are a certified B Corp and accredited carbon neutral in our operation.
We have a network of studios across England and Wales and work with a range of clients in the public and private sectors on projects of all sizes.
We have specialists in a range of disciplines – architecture, town planning, urban design and masterplanning, landscape architecture, interior design, building surveying, graphic design, environmental and sustainable design – all working together to create great places to live, work and play in.
As an inclusive employee-owned company, everybody has a say in what we do and how we work. We employ and develop the best diverse talent, giving our staff freedom to pursue their own career aspirations, while offering flexibility to ensure wellbeing.
You will play a key role in supporting our growing team of Building Surveyors – currently comprising eight professionals based in Cardiff, Bristol, Plymouth and Bath – to ensure smooth operation of this group of consultants across the company.
As Team Administrator you will be the interface for both internal and external customers. Day-to-day, you will assist with wide-ranging project and administrative related queries, including scheduling meetings and site surveys, preparing invoices, editing billing plans, assisting with leave and timesheet queries, formatting reports, supporting bids, uploading project information to cloud based project websites, booking travel and training courses, and tracking IT and other equipment. You will work closely with the Head of Building Surveying and other team members to deliver the support required for the team.
We are therefore looking for someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Proactive with good organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks and take ownership of a range of administrative duties.
- Approachable with proven communication skills, particularly in relation to customer service.
- Takes pride in their work with a good attention to detail, and a methodical approach to tasks.
- A competent user of various IT software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ideally previous experience using project accounting and CRM software.
- A degree of flexibility.
Although not essential, the following would also be of benefit and desirable attributes:
- An awareness and appreciation of client relationships in delivering professional services in the construction industry.
- An interest in buildings and the processes involved in recording and rejuvenating them.
This role is required to be a minimum of 22.5 hours per week, but we are open to discussions on individuals requesting a flexible approach to this.
- Develop close working relationships with your team.
- Preparing correspondence, reports, minutes, etc. using MS Word, Excel and Adobe InDesign (preferable).
- Assisting with meeting coordination, preparation, issuing remote meeting invitations, booking of meeting rooms and catering.
- Assisting with the appointment and administrative management of sub-consultant teams and specialist surveyors that work with us.
- Producing, updating and manipulating spreadsheets.
- Carrying out ad hoc research.
- Uploading project drawings and information using a variety of software applications and portals.
- Proof reading documents to ensure quality control.
- Organising travel including car hire, train/ferry/plane tickets, hotels, taxis.
- Photocopying, scanning, printing and binding.
- Updating project, staff and client contact information in Rapport3.
- Maintaining archiving log of documents for storage, including boxing up project archiving
Financial Admin – Invoicing & Billing
- Working with technical teams to input and update project information (including financial) into Rapport3, including splitting planned fees into billing schedules for invoicing
- Generating fee forecast reports
- Creating and issuing invoices to clients on a monthly basis
- IT Proficient: Intermediate MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- High level written English and grammar
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Proof reading skills and keen attention to detail
- Confident verbal communicator
- Strong time management and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Intermediate Adobe InDesign
- Previous experience of Project Financial Software such as Rapport3 or similar
We can offer:
- Full or part time hours
- Flexible work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Modern working environment
- Friendly and supportive culture
If you would like to be considered, please submit a CV and Cover Letter by clicking Apply
Please note, we unfortunately will not be able to provide visa sponsorship to the successful applicant.
We are not seeking agency support at this stage.