We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Landscape Architect to join our team based in our Plymouth office. We are interested in hearing from graduate Landscape Architects and technically skilled individuals who are already in practice to join our busy team. The successful applicant must be capable of working individually with the support and direction of a Senior Landscape Architect. They must be motivated and well organised with confidence in their ability to develop design sketch drawings into technical drawing packages and have a high standard of graphical, written and verbal communication.
Please indicate on your cover letter if you would like us to consider you for alternative locations other than the Plymouth office (Bath or Bristol).
Is this the job for you?
Stride Treglown Landscape is an LI registered practice, a registered B-Corp company and the team are passionate about protecting and enhancing the environment as signatories to Landscape Architect’s Declare commitments to climate change. We are involved in a wide range of commissions from rural to urban settings and work on a variety of project types, sectors and scales. We are engaged in all stages of design, contributing to early feasibility studies through to technical detailing and monitoring construction on site.
You will be part of the team and provide day to day support to the senior team on design and production packages. The skills required will include the production of graphical plans and presentation documents for early-stage client and stakeholder engagement. The successful individual will have the confidence to liaise with other design consultants, contractors and clients as part of the design team. We will be able to help you develop your skills and offer further training and support in specific areas that you are passionate about.
- Landscape Architecture qualifications
- 3 years post completion working in a Landscape Architecture team
- Able to work independently with good time management and organisation skills
- Ability to sketch and a flare for design/ problem solving
- Enthusiasm for protecting and enhancing the natural environment
- Able to use Auto CAD/ Revit or other design software
- Ability to produce quality graphics using Adobe Suite Software (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Working in a team and taking instruction from others
- An ability to detail and provide technical support
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Planting knowledge and design
- Revit knowledge would be advantageous
- Experience of supporting work at varying design stages
- Experience of taking projects through successful planning applications
- Experience of multi-agency working
What we can offer:
- Full-time hours based on 37.5 hours per working week
- Flexible work environment
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location
- A friendly, open and caring culture
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership
If you are interested in joining our team as a Landscape Architect, please click apply below
We ask that you include the following information:
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you are the right person for this role
We look forward to hearing from you!