Stride Treglown is an employee-owned, carbon neutral, B Corp, multidisciplinary design practice.
We have recently won Employer of the Year Award from Building Magazine and wish to build on our culture and approach.
We create long-term positive impact for our clients and the communities we help shape. We do this by designing better places, building resilient partnerships, and empowering people. Our multidisciplinary team of 330 architects, masterplanners, town planners, landscape designers, and other specialists deliver nationally significant projects from nine regionally embedded UK studios. Collectively, we offer our clients deep local knowledge and national specialist expertise. We’re great team players who strive for excellence and care about how we achieve it.
We are now adding fresh talent to our team. Is this the job for you?
Learning and Development Advisor
We are looking for a highly organised and proactive Learning and Development Advisor to help us coordinator and manage our L&D programme across our nationwide practice. Through working with different internal cohorts of learners (communities) you will create a consistent and engaging learning environment.
You must be:
- Committed to self-learning and the development of others.
- Knowledgeable of the learning cycle including different methodologies and styles.
- Willing to work with a range of professionals on their learning journeys.
- A strong communicator, to engage a variety of learning audiences.
- Adept at managing multiple internal learning communities / groups simultaneously.
Working with the team
You will be joining a small, friendly, and supportive People and Development team with a wide range of skills and experiences. Within Stride Treglown we have a wide range of employees across different professional construction disciplines who all engage in continuous professional development as part of their chartered membership of professional bodies e.g. RIBA. Individuals are encouraged to take ownership of their own personal development and participate in the practice wide mentoring programme as a mentor and/or as a mentee.
This role will focus on delivering our learning culture through our GROW L&D Programme which covers all aspects of learning within the practice. We are looking to strengthen our GROW programme by working with internal learning communities to ensure a consistent L&D approach that provides breadth and depth to their learning experiences.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will work with the People and Development team and with a range of individuals and technical knowledge experts across our organisation to bring together our learning sessions, experiences, and resources into a coordinated programme.
This is a mid-tier position, and the role will involve working with different internal cohorts (communities) and helping them access learning activities and materials.
All of our learning resources are housed within our Learning Management System(LMS), this is also utilised to organise learning events. You would be responsible for working with subject matter experts to identify, create and curate content and then ensure that it is reviewed regularly to confirm that it is relevant and up to date.
Early career support
- Coordinate the learning and mentoring programme for our new graduates and postgraduates.
- Deliver training sessions for new mentors.
- Coordinate our apprenticeship programme and liaise with our further and higher education providers (We currently have 8 employees taking apprenticeships).
Training Needs Analysis – TNA
- Work with in-house technical subject expects and team leaders to identify potential L&D needs (technical and non-technical).
- Review evaluations from existing L&D opportunities and assess how this information might impact existing and future L&D offerings.
Design and Delivery
- Plan resources, learning opportunities and events to satisfy the business and individual needs identified
- Support internal learning communities using a range of methods e.g. in-person workshops, learning events, written guidelines, knowledge shares, internal webinars, mentoring schemes etc.
- Provide quality assurance and advice to others delivering content.
- Deliver and co-deliver some appropriate workshops.
- Collate learners and team leader feedback and distribute to facilitators; suggesting and monitoring areas for improvement.
Administration and coordination
- Oversee and administer the storage and curation of L&D materials and resources within our LMS.
- Build relationships and communicate with subject matter experts, studio, sector and studio leads as well as external suppliers.
- Work with the finance team to ensure registers, professional qualifications, bursaries, and invoices are processed.
- Knowledge share with other members of People and Development team and wider internal support community.
- Contribute your experience, knowledge, and provide ad hoc support to the wider HR team on departmental projects.
- Qualification in L&D and / or HR
- Working experience and knowledge of the learning cycle including different learning methodologies and styles.
- Willingness to coordinate, diarise, and deliver learning events.
- Confidence to deliver content in person and via digital media.
- Confidence and experience in using MS Office products and other digital platforms.
- Coaching experience and / or qualification.
- Professional service organisation experience.
- Knowledge and experience of using LMS systems.
What we can offer:
- Part-time hours (minimum 80% full time equivalent) or Full-time hours
- Flexible working environment
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary, modern working environment in our Bristol headquarters, Promenade House.
- A close, family style culture
- Future opportunity to own part of the business with us through employee share ownership
If you are interested in joining our HR team as our new Learning and Development Advisor please click apply below
We ask that you include a:
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note we are not seeking agency support for this role at this time. You will not need to resubmit your application if you have previously applied for this position.