Are you an experienced Senior Architect with education experience, looking for your next challenge with a progressive and supportive employer with a triple bottom line? (People, Planet, and Purpose)
We are offering an opportunity for someone eager to join our growing Birmingham team.
A bit about us
Stride Treglown is the ninth largest architecture practice in the UK. We are the only practice in the AJ100 to become a certified B Corp and earlier this year officially became carbon neutral.
As an employee-owned and inclusive company, everybody has a say in what we do and how we work. We employ and develop the best diverse talent, giving our staff freedom to pursue their own career aspirations, whilst offering flexibility to ensure wellbeing.
Stride Treglown creates people-focused places. We pride ourselves on hiring the best and most creative talent and helping you develop your career in the direction you want it to go. As an employee-owned and inclusive practice, we are dedicated to increasing our diversity to represent the communities in which we live and work and you will have a real say in what we do and how we work.
Senior Architect (Education)
We are looking for an experienced job running Senior Architect with a proven track record of designing and delivering schools projects to join our education studio based in our Birmingham office. We are looking for someone with experience as a team leader, who can also demonstrate an ability to develop junior talent within the studio.
Our schools sector is experiencing new opportunities driven by government led agendas such as new construction techniques (MMC) and delivering schools that meet the demands to be more carbon neutral and sustainable.
You will have
- Passion and experience of schools projects
- A desire to create and deliver great buildings
- Significant DfE public sector schools experience
- Professional experience working in a high-quality, design and delivery focused practice
- A keen interest in large scale architectural projects, while able to manage smaller/ multiple projects alongside
- Ability to work collaboratively in a large multi-disciplinary team, manage a small team, and work independently
- Excellent drawing and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept
- An ability to build rapport, create positive relationships and work effectively with others
Managing client relationships is key to this role and will include
- Becoming involved at any stage of the process and can effectively input with minimal briefing
- Running multiple or complex projects start to finish, to satisfaction of client, in profit and on time
- Leading presentations and engagement with clients and building users
- Taking the lead role in taking a project brief, developing initial proposals detail design (in conjunction with a small team)
- Demonstrating awareness of own impact on others within other teams or business areas
- Managing fees and invoicing for projects (with administrative assistance)
- Contributing to winning new work
- Generating good PR for the practice
- Significant schools sector experience
- Working experience of Revit
- Educated to at least RIBA Part 3 level with significant years post qualification experience
- Interest in MMC solutions
- Experience in refurbishment
- Good interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the sensitivities when communicating with and presenting to clients
- Experience of having carried out a lead role on projects with a value of between £5m and £20m
- Ability to manage the design process and development of a construction project
- Experience of coordinating the design team and associated professional consultants
- Ability to balance workload as the role may require you to balance more than one project at any one time
- SEN Schools experience
- Level 2 BIM experience
- Working knowledge and experience of MMC solutions
- Further or Higher Education project experience
- Experience of carrying out a Technical Advisor role for education projects
What we can offer
- Part (minimum 80% full time equivalent) or Full-time hours
- Flexible work environment
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location
- A friendly, open and caring culture
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership
If you would like to be considered, please include a;
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role.
Please apply via our website – you do not need to join or subscribe to any third party websites.
Please note, we unfortunately will not be able to provide visa sponsorship to the successful applicant.
See www.stridetreglown.com for further details about the company. We look forward to receiving your application.