Are you an experienced Senior Technologist, looking for your next challenge with a progressive and supportive employer with a triple bottom line? (People, Planet and Profit)
We are offering an opportunity for someone eager to join our Education team based in our Bristol Office.
A bit about us
Stride Treglown is the ninth largest architecture practice in the UK. We are the only practice in the AJ100 to become a certified B Corp and earlier this year officially became carbon neutral.
As an employee-owned and inclusive company, everybody has a say in what we do and how we work. We employ and develop the best diverse talent, giving our staff freedom to pursue their own career aspirations, whilst offering flexibility to ensure wellbeing. Together we create people focused places and spaces.
Stride Treglown creates people-focused places. We pride ourselves on hiring the best and most creative talent and helping you develop your career in the direction you want it to go. As an employee-owned and inclusive practice, we are dedicated to increasing our diversity to represent the communities in which we live and work and you will have a real say in what we do and how we work.
We have a great opportunity within our Education Team for an experienced Senior Technologist who has a passion for DFMA construction and NZC design along with a proven track record of designing and delivering projects.
We are at the forefront these technologies for many of our schools projects, working with leading contractors. Whilst you may not have direct experience of DFMA we are looking for an applicant with a keen interest in developing expertise in this technology and that of design for NZC as we all work towards a more sustainable future
You will have significant experience and be able to run several on site projects at the same time, clearly delegating to less experienced team members. We are looking for someone with lateral thinking, clear communication and a collaborative work ethic.
Our work ranges across public and private sector, from inception to completion and with values ranging from £1m – £50m+
Is this the job for you?
As Senior Technologist you will lead project teams, write full specifications, and regularly manage small teams internally. You will need to manage your own workload in addition to supervising others. There will also be a need for you to answer complex queries from a range of internal and external clients, this will include coordinating with other consultants.
You must be
- Able to work and manage a small team, and work independently
- Flexible in your approach to a project
- Someone that cares about creating and delivering great buildings and places
- Able to work on a range of projects within a multi sector studio
- Eager to share experience and knowledge with others working on projects across the company
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Reporting to the Regional Director, you will manage a small team within the studio.
Managing client relationship is a key aspect of this role and will involve
- Becoming involved at any stage of the process and being able to effectively input with minimal briefing
- Running multiple or complex projects from start to finish, to satisfaction of client, in profit and on time
- Demonstrating awareness of own impact on others within other teams or business areas
- Managing fees and invoicing for projects (with administrative assistance)
- Contributing to winning new work
- Managing and co-ordinating the design team and associated professional consultants
- Producing, analysing and advising upon specification, materials selection and detailed design solutions in relation to performance and production criteria
- Producing, managing, controlling and integrating design and production information
- Ensuring compliance with design, legal, statutory and professional requirements for large and complex projects, possibly multiple projects
- Managing the design process or development of construction project
- Monitoring the financial performance of projects
- A good understanding of developing technical specifications to support work packages
- Evaluating and advising upon refurbishment, repair, reuse, recycling and deconstruction of buildings
- Working knowledge of Revit
- Assessing and prioritising the needs of clients and users and agreeing the project brief
- Advising clients on methods of project procurement and forms of contract
- Developing the project design, researching problems and producing, developing and advising upon innovative solutions
- Advanced use of Revit with knowledge of Dynamo scripting
- Experience in specification writing using NBS. Ideally using NBS Corus
- Experience of working on large scale, multi storey, and high rise projects
What we can offer
- Flexible work environment with future Hybrid working patterns
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location
- A friendly, open and caring culture
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership
If you are interested in joining our team we ask that you include a
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role
For more details please visit www.stridetreglown.com/careers
Please apply via our website – you do not need to join or subscribe to any third party websites.
Please note, we unfortunately will not be able to provide visa sponsorship to the successful applicant.
We look forward to hearing from you.