Past National Planning Consultancy of the Year, Stride Treglown are offering a great opportunity to join their Birmingham Office.
Our Town Planning team is an award winning specialist service working within one of the country’s best architectural practices. We work in multi-disciplinary studios alongside Master Planners, Urban Designers, Architects and Landscape Architects and also provide services independently of the architectural practice. We enjoy working on a wide range of projects across all key development sectors. This role is a great opportunity to work autonomously within our Birmingham with support provided through the team of 10 based in Bristol and Cardiff. This is an opportunity to grow the workload in this area and has potential for progression. The intention is to establish a strong partnership within the office as part of our UK service offer across our studios.
We are looking for a Chartered Senior Town Planner with development management experience, ideally within a consultancy background. An excellent working knowledge of Planning Regulations and Procedures is essential. As a qualified Town Planner (MRTPI), you will be expected to demonstrate a track record of leading successful planning projects, preparing policy presentations and, ideally, in preparing project proposals and tender responses. You will have an opportunity to manage your own client relationships and contribute towards the direction of the team and the delivery of an ever increasing portfolio of planning commissions.
Your role will involve:
- Preparing planning, Listed Building Consent and Certificates of Lawfulness applications on behalf of public, private and voluntary sector clients, with an emphasis on supporting framework client projects
- Preparing Planning Policy Appraisals, Schedule of Planning application deliverables and assisting in pre-application discussions with Local Planning Authorities
- Supporting the coordination of multi-disciplinary teams in the preparation of integrated Planning Design and Access Statements and Environmental Statements for major projects
- Preparing Minor Material Amendment, Non-Material Amendment and Reserved Matters submissions
- Supporting the preparation and delivery of public consultation and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Preparing representations to Draft Local Development Plans and CIL Charging Schedules
- Assisting the preparation of written representation appeals
- Addressing various Development Management queries generated across our architectural studios
- Preparing research articles and Technical Advice Notes
Sectors of activity will include, but shall not be limited to Residential, Schools, Universities and Commercial development (including Technology and Innovation).
For an opportunity to join this award winning and ambitious team please click “Apply” below (on our company website) and upload your CV, with a personal statement highlighting what you can bring to the team.
Please refer to www.stridetreglown.com for team and company details.