Stride Treglown creates people-focused places. We pride ourselves on hiring the best and most creative talent and helping you develop your career in the direction you want it to go. As an employee-owned and inclusive practice, we are dedicated to increasing our diversity to represent the communities in which we live and work and you will have a real say in what we do and how we work.
We are now adding fresh talent to our Masterplanning and Urban Design team. Is this the job for you?
Senior Urban Designer/Architect – with specialism in residential
12 month fixed term contract
We’re looking for someone with a passion for design, curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. The role will be hands on, requiring initiative and good design, communication and leadership skills. This opportunity is for those who can clearly demonstrate a capability and desire to lead and manage urban design and masterplanning projects of different scales, with a keen interest in placemaking, masterplanning and regeneration, as evidenced in your portfolio. While this role will be based within the Urban Design and Masterplanning studio covering different sectors, there will be the potential for this role to also support our Residential architectural studio on residential projects that overlap both studios. We are therefore seeking a senior urban designer with an architectural background and clear understanding of the residential sector.
You will have:
- A design background in residential-led mixed-use masterplanning projects, ideally at a qualified architect level or similar.
- Experience in running and managing projects
- Ideally 3-4 years min professional experience working in a high-quality, design focused practice.
- An awareness and an understanding of current UK planning policy and the RIBA Work Stages.
- A keen interest in mixed scale urban projects, preferably that are residential-led regeneration projects, and be able to present your work in this context.
- Ability to work collaboratively in large multi-disciplinary teams on complex urban environments
- Ability to understand, communicate and present contextual issues from surrounding large areas.
- Ability to develop and deliver engagement strategies as part of the project
- Excellent drawing and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept.
- An ability to build rapport, create relationships and work effectively and positively with others, including with clients
- A desire to keep up to date with developments in the field and to support the team in being at the leading edge of urban design
- Good CAD skills, ideally 3D modelling (Revit/AutoCAD/SketchUp)
- Outstanding graphic skills including hand drawings and diagrams, plans and images using in the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
What we can offer:
- Flexible working environment
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary, modern working environment – Currently we are all working from home during the Covid Pandemic
- A close, family style culture
- Future opportunity to own part of the business with us through employee share ownership
- If you are interested in joining our Urban Design Team as our new Urban Designer please click apply below (on our website)
We ask that you include a;
- Cover letter
- Your availability in regards to start date
- Detail your project experience, education, and work experience
- Include skills such as Autocad and Revit
- Make sure this is up-to-date and explains gaps in your work / educational history
- This really needs to shine! Your portfolio will show your design skills and abilities (please ensure that your combined application is no more than 8 megabytes).